We often receive requests from landlords to provide a valuation or an appraisal for their cell tower or cell site lease. This could be for estate valuation purposes, to better understand the value of their lease with rental rates, or to better understand the value for a sales transaction.
What Is My Cell Tower Lease Worth?
This is one of the top questions we receive. What is my lease worth and what should they be paying me? To dive into the value of your cell tower lease we will need to you provide us the following items:
- A copy of your cell tower lease
- A copy of any amendments to the lease (if any)
- The address of the cell tower (if it is not provided in the lease)
- The current rent amount you receive today
- The name of any and all tenants on the tower
With the above information, we can provide an assessment of what the lease is worth in regards to a rental rate.
What Is The Sales Price Of My Cell Tower Lease?
To determine the sales price of a cell tower lease we need some of the items mentioned above. To help those just seeking a cell tower lease buyout valuation, here is a clear list of the items we need to assist you.
- What is the current rent amount you receive?
- How do you receive your rent check from (ie: Verizon, American Tower Corporation, T-Mobile, etc.)
- We need to review a copy of your cell tower lease.
- A copy of any amendments to the lease (if any).
- In the lease and any amendments we will be looking for any restrictions on the landlord’s ability to sell the lease. Is there a Right of First Refusal?
With all the key information in-hand, we can determine the value of a cell tower lease to sell. Keep in mind the price of a cell tower lease buyout will fluctuate with the time period upon which you the seller will agree to sell the lease. The longer the term of the buyout, such as 99 or 50 years, the higher the purchase price.
Do You Need A Cell Tower Lease Valuation Or An Appraisal?
Call Us Today
About Nick G. Foster
Since founding Airwave Advisors® in 2014, Mr. Foster has added value to over 400 clients ranging from the State of Nevada, City of Beverly Hills, to Habitat For Humanity. Mr. Foster focuses on cell tower lease renewals, buyouts, new lease negotiation, and cell site lease management. Prior to starting Airwave Advisors® Mr. Foster founded and led the Cell Site Services Group within nationwide commercial real estate services leader Cassidy Turley (now known as Cushman & Wakefield).