American Tower Corporation 2019 Q1 Review
American Tower Corporation had their quarterly earnings call on May 3, 2019. We reviewed their 10-K filing submitted to the SEC and their slide deck published with their 2019 Q1 earnings call. Below are our findings.
American Tower Corporation (NYSE: AMT) is the largest global cell tower REIT with assets in countries such as the US, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Kenya, and South Africa.
- In general, a tenant lease (such as with AT&T, Verizon, etc.) will have an initial non-cancellable term of ten (10) years with multiple renewal terms.
- Typical rent escalation with tenants are 3% annual.
- Historically, losing sites in their portfolio (churn) averages 1% to 2% per year.
- 52% of their property segment revenue is from US based towers.
- AMT’s US based revenue from the four top tenants was AT&T (19%), Verizon (15%), T-Mobile (9%) and Sprint (8%).
- AMT owns approximately 25,000 towers in the US and operates an additional approximately 16,000 towers.
- AMT maintains a gross profit margin of 85% on their cell towers.
The above information will help you understand who you are negotiating with, when negotiating with American Tower Corporation. It also shows you that a common mistake landlords are making is leaving money on the table allowing American Tower Corporation to secure a 85% profit margin on their land.
Have A Cell Tower Lease Question?
Call Us Today
Posts That May Interest You: